03 October 2006

Call for [Team] Blogs, Again

In the explosion of soccer related blogs over the past year, sadly the team specific blogs have taken a back seat. I know we have commenters, such as Anonymous Rat, who are fans of teams other than DC United. And you are always welcome here, even to dispute and disagree with us. Personally, I love it.

But I do wish there were more team specific blogs. Right now, DC United, Real Salt Lake, and the New York Red Bulls are fairly well represented... but that leaves nine other teams with little coverage. I suppose the Columbus Crew get represented with some stuff from the Hunt Park Insider and MLS News and Views, but c'mon teams! Where's the blatant partisanship? The shameless homerism? The thinly disguised envy? Bring it on! Right now USL Teams have fans that are willing to step up (and very nicely too). If you start a team specific blog, I promise you that the DCenters, if made aware of it, will give you whatever kind of plug we can. Plus we need some inter-blog rivalry to be developed. So get on it. Chicago Fire and LA Galaxy fans, I'm looking your way. Right now, DC United, RSL, and the Red Bulls own you all.

10 Comments:

At 03 October, 2006 15:48, Blogger I-66 said...

Has it been determined whether Fire fans even know what the internet is?

 
At 03 October, 2006 15:53, Blogger D said...

Valid point. But I'm afraid if they did discover it, we'd suddenly find ourselves deluged in Peter Wilt slash fiction.

 
At 03 October, 2006 16:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dammit, D, you're doing it again! Are we going to have to install some sort of filter on your browser?

 
At 03 October, 2006 16:55, Blogger The Manly Ferry said...

This is a good and wholesome call to service. I will respond so far as I am able given my broader mission statement. From Monday, October 9, forward, I will post at least one New England Revolution related post per day - with the caveat that on days I can't find copy, I get a free pass (tee hee hee). I'll add more caveats when I make the announcement on my site.

Anyway, I'm not seriously worried about not finding copy. Between the Globe, the Herald, that should take care of a chunk of it. After that, I'm sure the Revolution organization has some fan-geek mailing system.

So, yeah, call accepted. Good idea.

 
At 03 October, 2006 16:57, Blogger D said...

Ferry - I salute you! And once you make the announcement, the DCenters shall hype with minimum snark.

 
At 03 October, 2006 17:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should this call go on the Carnival of American Soccer website? All American XI?
-K

 
At 03 October, 2006 18:02, Blogger D said...

Not sure about the other sites. The DCenters is affiliated with those organizations, but we don't own them or run them. We're more participatory entities. This is more of a "D" Thing.

 
At 03 October, 2006 18:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I post about the Galaxy somewhat often at my blog.

There's also James and the Giant Blog for Galaxy discussion.

 
At 03 October, 2006 23:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

James and the Giant Blog is an awesome blog name.

 
At 04 October, 2006 00:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.timesunion.com/Shared/Graphics/NewsDB/AP/HONDA%20PLAYER%20OF%20THE%20YEAR%20SOCCER%20fbd3c94b-b748-4860-982a-4f194c46cad6.jpg

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)