13 July 2007

The Family

Anyone else catch the Beckham presser, and listen to the coded transmissions from Alexi Lalas regarding the LA Galaxy locker room and his relationship with Frank Yallop? Very interesting. One recurring trope was the idea of the LA Galaxy "family." They're a happy family, they're a happy family, they're a happy family, them, mom, and daddy*.


*Not their best song, which remains Bonzo Goes to Bitburg where a political sentiment was actually expressed with nuance, humanity, and poignancy. Something the more political acts of today could learn from. Just saying.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 13 July, 2007 18:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thought (from my blog post on the ceremony) on the "happy family" comment:

"Because hell, yeah, I know I sell off my kids and buy new ones when they start to bore me."

 
At 14 July, 2007 01:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I wholeheartedly agree with you on the shameful recognition of "Bonzo Goes To Bitburg", I think you're missing the poingant subtle nuances of these lyrics;

Sitting here in Queens,
Eating refried beans,
We're in all the magazines,
Gulping down thorazines.
We ain't got no friends,
Our trouble never end,
No Christmas cards to send,
Daddy likes men.

Now that's prose.

 
At 14 July, 2007 10:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gabba gabba hey!

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)