23 November 2008

The Woodwork! I just want to remind everyone...

I'm watching MLS Cup 2008. I'm watching it on TiVo and I'm a tad behind. I guess that part doesn't matter. Anyway...

GBS of Columbus Crew, your league MVP, was just denied by the crossbar. He had the RBNY keeper clearly beaten. This lead to a quick discussion of how the woodwork had played such a large part in NY's road to the MLS Cup. BTW, at press time, the score is 2-1 against with 10 minutes left in regulation. I didn't watch it, but apparently RSL was denied three times in their semifinal match against RBNY and paraphrasing JP, if it hadn't been for the woodwork, RSL would be in the finals instead of NY.

Which, of course, left me screaming at the TV... "DOES NO ONE REMEMBER THE LAST REGUALR SEASON MATCH BETWEEN DC UNITED AND COLUMBUS CREW?" "AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO REMEMBERS WHAT HAPPENED BECAUSE I LIVEBLOGGED IT?" Yes, my friends, my fellow supporters, if it hadn't been for three brutal woodwork saves in that last match against these Columbus Crew, DCU might be in the finals instead of RBNY.

The season wouldn't have ended... we would have had a chance of More Glory and more than anything, I WOULD KNOW WHO THE HELL TO ROOT FOR! Ugh.

3 Comments:

At 24 November, 2008 02:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I'm not mistaken, Houston hit three posts of their own in their series against RBNY.

I guess it's fitting C-Bus found the back of the net 3 times to finally kill them off.

 
At 28 November, 2008 23:56, Blogger Unknown said...

You didn't know who to root for? Really?

Like really?

And you call yourself a DC United fan. HA! There is never any justifiable cause to root for The Red Bull New Joisey Red Bull Metrotards under any circumstance, except if it helps United. A win in the MLS Cup certainly would have done nothing but make United look even worse this year.

 
At 02 December, 2008 23:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still remember. DC hits the woodwork three times - no goals. Columbus hits the woodwork once - one goal. If soccer was just United would have won 3-1. But that's why it's a game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)