28 October 2005

Trans ) C

Just a quick post on my BASA balloting:

Rookie: 1-Parkhurst, 2-Rolfe, 3-Guzan
I wanted this ballot to be 1-Boswell, 2-Boswell, 3-Boswell, but couldn't justify it to myself. Whether you like it or not, Boswell was benched on a perception of skill level, not on politics. Which allowed me to case my 3 vote for a certain Chivas keeper. To all the people who had Bobby's back, you guys rock.

Defender: 1-Califf, 2-Marshall, 3-Robinson
I have nothing to add to this. Other than Brian Carroll was a perfectly legitimate choice, and one I should have made. Whoever did that, I salute you.

Young Player: 1-Dempsey, 2-Parkhurst, 3-Rolfe
I am a bit surprised on how many people went with Clint at the top of their ballots. This was one of the more difficult decisions I had, so I figured the voting would be wide open. You'll note I didn't vote for Tino or Boz. Honestly, I have to say that the three people I had all had better seasons.

So, at least for these three ballots I kept my homer instincts (cue "D'oh" commenters) fairly well under control. Will it continue for later ballots? Un-bloody-likely.

4 Comments:

At 28 October, 2005 11:25, Blogger brucio said...

dude, yer such a homer!
oh, wait, this is a dc blog isnt it.
never mind
you rule!

 
At 28 October, 2005 12:30, Blogger Kali said...

I was feeling the Boswell love, if only for that goal against Chav$ki.

 
At 28 October, 2005 13:18, Blogger D said...

Mig: Man, tough crowd :)

Kali: You are a woman of taste and discretion. That goal was a highlight of my year.

 
At 28 October, 2005 14:54, Blogger scaryice said...

Carroll is not a defender.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)