17 July 2009

Preview: DC United v Colorado Rapids

when: Saturday, July 18th, 8pm
where: Estadio RFK
why: Ultimate Frisbee

huh?

Bob here, now and through the weekend. I love watching soccer and supporting DC United. But when I am actually going to get outside and run around, Ultimate Frisbee is my game. And at halftime of tomorrow's match, two local club teams will put on a demonstration of the sport that actually has quite a bit of support in this area. WAFC, the Washington Area Frisbee Club, is the local organizing body for the sport. They worked with DC United to arrange this opportunity to showcase these teams and this sport on the pitch at RFK. If you aren't stuck in the beer lines at halftime, and I sincerely encourage you to make an effort to see this, you will see some great athletes pulling off some amazing throws and some amazing catches. See you there.

Also, Facundo Erpen.

Wait a minute, what??? No Facundo? Why no Facundo?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 17 July, 2009 18:56, Blogger Kevin D said...

Ultimate frisbee?! Count me in as a walkup! I was going to watch from the sofa and switch back and forth to the Nats game, but I love me some frisbee!

I'm not being sarcastic or anything. Ultimate frisbee is one of my favorite sports, and should replace "Walking" in the Olympics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)