25 July 2006

The Dangers of Control-H, and the Third Carnival of American Soccer

The deadline is tomorrow, and the posts are due over at the Fool's Prerogative.

Speaking of the Americanization of the Beautiful game, I'm reading the reissue of Kuper's Football Against the Enemy. Of course, since this is the USA, they reprinted it as Soccer Against the Enemy and replaced all references to football with soccer. All of them. Which is amusing when Kuper is seeming to use phrases like "American Soccer Quarterback" or "American soccer running back." Oops.

1 Comments:

At 25 July, 2006 20:11, Blogger Kinney said...

I noticed that too. I laughed my ass off when I read it. Very good book that I would recommend to anyone despite this little bit of unintentional humor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)