27 June 2007

Overdue morning coffee shots

I'm in one of those "have to get work done to maintain gainful employment" scenarios at the moment, but maybe things will free up later, since there is stuff I want to talk about.

GOODBYE ROBOT DEFENDER: John Wilson has been released, something Goff has been saying would happen for awhile. It is a shame that his legacy will forever be the 2006 Real Salt Lake game where opinion has crystallized that he and Abby gave the game to RSL (I still don't believe that.) Still, there were times when he brought his abilities to the field well, and we shouldn't forget that. I remember being impressed with Wilson in this match, and I prefer to remember the good times. Good luck sir. However, I would like to see the rumored Domenic Mediate given another chance. There may be better options, but I felt for him when he was cut.

UNITED WILL FACE ISLANDERS: Or, more accurately, the United Reserves will take on the Harrisburg City Islanders in the US Open Cup Third Round.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 27 June, 2007 14:15, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i too had a more positive opinion of wilson than most did apparently. i thought he could have contributed to us this year, especially in a back 4 where the central defenders stay home. one of the things i liked about wilson was his willingness, if not eagerness, to get forward. i think we even played him as a outside midfielder for a game.

 
At 27 June, 2007 23:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog you have going here with great commentary! I was just gonna tell you, when you write new blog posts, go over to BeTheRef.com and post a link to your story, and hopefully get a few extra readers for your blog.

 
At 28 June, 2007 08:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always liked John Wilson and am sad to see him go. He has had his share of gaffes, but I thought it was just part of the learning process.
I would have liked to see him more this year, but last year was when we really could have used him, to get Prideaux off of the field.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)