22 June 2007

Pulled Me Up Up Up Up Up: Boswell/Olsen to US National Team

I saw what purported to be a complete list of the Copa America roster (although it only listed two keepers) but it jibes with Steve Goff's reports that Ben Olsen and Bobby Boswell have been called to the National team. So Bolivia takes a forward, and the USA take a midfielder and a center back. Okay, that's all within the tolerances of a team with depth. Multiple losses in one third would have hurt, this we can struggle through. We keep Perkins, but it might not surprise me to learn that he's the emergency third keeper in case of injury (the role Guzan is serving right now.) Once US Soccer posts the roster, we'll get a link up.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 22 June, 2007 16:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's captain come Colorado next Thursday?

Who do you think it will be?

Who do you think it should be?

 
At 22 June, 2007 17:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian Carroll, most likely. He's worn it before when Olsen and Moreno have been out of the lineup.

 
At 23 June, 2007 10:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to see it go to Gomez, language barrier be damned. I suspect he would thrive as team captain.

 
At 23 June, 2007 11:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carroll seems like the likely choice but I would LOVE to see Gomez get it. Side note - has anyone seen the new capitals hockey logo? It looks A LOT like the United! It makes me really mad.

 
At 23 June, 2007 13:41, Blogger D said...

I also remember Carroll getting it a few occasions last year, but that doesn't mean Soehn has to go that way. I understand the impulse of giving it to Gomez, but he has to talk to the referees (and more importantly, the referee needs to be able to send messages to him and be confident they'll get to the rest of the team.) Let me throw out another name: Bryan Namoff. He is the dean of the defense at this point, and an everyday starter.

 
At 01 July, 2007 01:41, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to take a moment to revel in the fact that I was right about the armband, and Lifton was wrong. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)