25 April 2008

Silent

Normally when I go silent, it means I'm on travel, but this week I went silent because, well... Writer's block, to be frank. I mean, do I want to talk about the signing of Francis Doe? I could, but if he gets more minutes this year than Guy Roland-Kpene got last year, I will be surprised. I could take aim at the John Feinstein piece in the post, with a noble sentiment ("give a nod to the past, and the ol' NASL") which is utterly undercut when its writer announces that he doesn't watch contemporary soccer. I mean, he writes "I really want to like soccer again." No one's stopping you man. It kinda reminds me of that Rod McKuen poem that opens with "I try to be a good beatnik, but it's hard..." History has made its judgment on Rod's posturing.

But really, there's nothing to really get me going. United has me in a waiting pattern, wondering if this team actually is going to show up and play 90 minutes of good soccer on Saturday. And even then, even then, what will it mean? Yeah.

Freezer later today, and I think Kinney may be handling the First Impressions/Debriefing duties over the weekend. SUBMIT YOUR OPINIONS TO THE FREEZER IN THIS COMMENT THREAD! Yes, DC is going down a bit farther.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 25 April, 2008 08:52, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you need a Ruud entry separate from a Galaxy entry.

 
At 25 April, 2008 09:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post.Its natural to not want to say something on everything all the time.

Nice blog

 
At 25 April, 2008 09:38, Blogger JCM said...

Emilio needs to make an appearance. Possibly he is still above freezing, but he deserves to be on the list.

 
At 25 April, 2008 10:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with jcm about Emilio; I'm not sure how he didn't make the list last week. Then again, I am unclear on the technicalities of a power poll, let alone an anti-power poll. I'll be interested to see Goff's article on Emilio though.

If you're looking for material, I am sure there is a snarky post to be had about the Revs fielding a reserve heavy team and not loosing 4-0. But I was at work and didn't see the game. Besides, my mother always told me that, if I don't have anything nice to say, not to bother opening my whiney little mouth.

 
At 25 April, 2008 16:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI, Feinstein was on the Tony K radio show this week, and they discussed his NASL piece and his favorite memories of Johann Cruyff. It was interesting, but the shocking moment was when he said he the MLS was building things the right way and honoring a small, but loyal fan based and then building incrimentally upon that. He may not watch the MLS, but he seem to at least follow it from afar.

 
At 25 April, 2008 22:44, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take Beckham out. You can keep the team in, the coach, the defense, etc., but Becks has been playing as well as could be expected with some beautiful crosses.

Orsorio could make an appearance. Lots more expectations in NY and only a great single play by Jozy has them with a tie with a player up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)