27 June 2008

In advance of Sunday midday...

I was on the fence about this post. It is silly, certainly. I thought I might discuss the horizontal symmetries of the two clubs' jersey sponsors.

See?

Or I might mention the fact that Greg Vanney is now a "Herbalife-sponsored player" (see: New Stars in the LA Galaxy) and has 10 appearances this season for the Galaxy after most recently playing for DC United.

Or I might find some ridiculous quote to mock from herbalife.com; perhaps this...
Our Founder Mark Hughes: As a teenager he made a decision to improve people’s lives with better nutrition. This led him to found Herbalife in 1980.
Forget the fact that the Herbalife website is virtually impossible to navigate. You have to walk a tightrope with your mouse to use the dropdowns across the top of the site. With a touchpad, that's hard.

But then I found what I was looking for and I knew that "worlds colliding" was the theme of the post that I was looking for.

I saw this (4th item) and some smoke came out of my ears....

Grammy Winner Nelly Furtado Favors Liftoff®
According to People magazine, award-winning recording artist Nelly Furtado favors Liftoff® effervescent dietary supplement for "quick-me-ups." Furtado told People that she used Liftoff® tablets to get ready for her high-energy performance during the 2007 Grammy Awards.
BECAUSE...

Remember this?




So who will she be supporting on Sunday?

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 28 June, 2008 03:47, Blogger elopingcamel said...

She's a DC supporter. No one has ever seen her in a Galaxy jersey, and they never will.
Obviously this is all based off the one time she wore a DC jersey, and that I love her, and that I love DC, and somehow I can't bring myself to entertain the thought that two things I love so much could be at odds with one another. But it seems like sound logic to me, so I'm sticking with it.

 
At 28 June, 2008 08:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It didn't take much to connect the dots. At the time the picture of her in the DC jersey was taken, United were owned by AEG. The Galaxy are still owned by AEG. Her last tour (at least, according to my search) was an AEG Live presentation.

My guess is that she likes whatever Former Uncle Phil tells her to like.

 
At 28 June, 2008 23:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nelly Furtado is like that one girl who went out with one of your boys then got dumped. She then proceeded to date every other guy in that click, thereby generating a tag that isn't flattering.

I've seen picture of Furtado in a Colorado Rapids jersey and a Houston Dynamo jersey as well. I wouldn't be surprised if she owns the entire MLS league collection. Seriously. Look under the team web sites. They probably have something called "media photos." I know for a fact that I've seen Furtado in a Colorodo kit.

 
At 30 June, 2008 17:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's the village bicycle! Everyone's had a ride!

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)