Contest for Free D.C. United adidas Stuff! Really!
Oh, this is very cool. Here's the deal: The new adidas (all lower case, they're big e.e. cummings readers over there) store is opening in Tyson's Corner, and a representative from Adidas has offered to give away free stuff to our readers if we'd help promote the store and its opening. Now, normally I shy away from being a corporate shill, but this is a special offer to our readers, it is D.C. United related, and they're serious about promoting United as part of this deal. That's all good stuff.
So, here's the deal. I'm going to promote the store opening on this blog, and I'll try and make it out there on Saturday. You should go out as well. Talk to the MLS MVP and the two rooks. Get that kit signed.
And, we've got loot, merchandise, prizes to give away. Which we will do in a contest format. Details on the contest after this message on the D.C. United stuff going on, and where to go. Per the e-mail I got:
Got all that? You going to go? Good. Now here's the contest:
DC United players Luciano Emilio, Chris Pontius and Rodney Wallace will be on hand to celebrate the opening of the new adidas store at Tysons Corner Center on Saturday, April 18. The athletes will meet and greet fans, sign autographs and compete with costumers in a free throw shooting and penalty shot contest.
It is going to an exciting day at the adidas store and I thought your readers would be very interested in this special event. See schedule of events below and attached media alert. Thanks for considering.
Saturday, April 18
12 P.M. – Grand opening and ribbon cutting
12 P.M. – 1 P.M. – Gilbert Arenas autograph session and free throw contest
2 P.M. – 3 P.M. – DC United autograph session and penalty kick competition
Tysons Corner Center
1961 Chain Bridge Road
McLean, VA 22102
You are familiar with our six word novel recaps. Well, we want you to write one. Select a topic, and write a six word novel for it. For instance, here's Bob's six word novel:
On what should happen at the Adidas Store Opening: "Gilbert, Emilio new BFFs. Go drinking."
You can pick any D.C. United related topic for your six word novel. Here are the rules:
- All entries to be e-mailed to thedcenters(at)gmail(dot)com, so we have an email address we can mail you back at. Entries must be received by Friday, 1PM. Please put the phrase "adidas contest" in your email subject line. We ask that you limit yourself to five submissions. Include any details of how you'd like your name to appear, and any links to websites you'd like to accompany your submission, in your email.
- We will post our finalists, and our winners, on Friday. Which means that by submitting you agree that we can publish your entries.
- We hope to give our one or two prizes, one for our winner and a runner-up. Not sure what'll be in them, it is whatever the adidas PR people decide, but they have said things like "jerseys" and "t-shirts." Winners will be chosen by, well, us here at The DCenters by whatever process we decide. Yes, it's totally subjective.
- Winner(s) will be contacted by email, and we will ask for mailing addresses for your prize packages or figure out if we can actually give them to you at the adidas store opening
- We reserve the right to edit your submissions for grammar, punctuation, spelling, or taste. Not that such a right means our grammar, punctuation, spelling, or taste is any better than yours.