06 May 2009

Priority

I understand, I really do. Like many folks from these areas, I rooted for the Caps before United existed, and since I've been alive and aware of my fandom, the Pittsburgh Penguins are the team that quickly became associated with playoff angst and agony. So it would appear that tonight, with Penguins v. Caps on the "VS" network and Wizards v. United on CSN, that there might be some form of conflict. "What should I be watching?"

Folks, there's no conflict. Tonight, you watch United. If you can, you flip over to the Caps games at halftime, or tape it on TiVo, or whatever, but tonight is a United night. It's that simple. This is our second match on CSN, and if we want away games to get televised, you need to do your part (especially if you're a Nielsen family). Watch tonight's game, catch the Caps later. It's not even an elimination game, and Alex Ovechkin timely supplied his highlight hattrick for Game 2. No, tonight is a United night.

Saturday? There may not even be a game Saturday, but we can talk about dispensation for Saturday later.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 06 May, 2009 10:17, Anonymous Diego said...

I disagree completely. The only problem you should dealing with is which game should have sound (the united game until halftime). Get yourself another tv, a computer, PIP, something, but you should be watching both at the same time!!!!

Vaaaaamos United!

C-A-P-S! CAPS! CAPS! CAPS!

 
At 06 May, 2009 11:51, Blogger Bob said...

You are making me feel guilty with your "support televised away games" argument. But your glaring omission is the fact that you are comparing a second playoff round game 3 with an early season game.

Diego has great ideas for watching both games at the same time. The problem is that one of these games deserves quiet study from the couch while the other requires, no demands, rowdy public intoxication and plates of wings with bleu cheese.

 
At 06 May, 2009 11:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out my videos for DCU : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHeVwnXHlC4 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkXTYWz9-iE

 
At 06 May, 2009 12:06, Blogger Kinney said...

I will actually have the United game on, but will be checking the Caps game on ESPN.com. This is more because every time (save once) I watch the Caps on TV in the playoffs the other team scores/wins as I am watching. I will also be following the Twitter feed on dcunited.com, which is what got me through the Dallas game as I am without FSC.

 
At 06 May, 2009 14:25, Blogger Landru said...

Couldn't be more wronger. If the choice were to be standing where I stand, or watching the hockey on the television, your advice would be spot-on. If I were a Nielsen family, I'd certainly have DCU on that box and the Caps on some other box. But Game Three against the freakin' Penguins against a weeknight game at Communism America Park? C'mon, D.

 
At 06 May, 2009 17:13, Anonymous BDR said...

D's right.

You know, a penguin walks into a bar, says to the bartender, I'm supposed to meet my brother here, have you seen him? The bartender says, I don't know, what does he look like?

 
At 06 May, 2009 17:36, Anonymous Gavinmgraham said...

United all the way in my house. I want the caps to do well because I have friends that support them, but other than that, I don't really care. I don't do bandwagon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)