09 December 2005

So How Does It All Work?

A few weeks ago I mentioned that the DCenters was working on a few special ideas for the offseason. Well, next week, one of those will hopefully begin. It is the contention of The DCenters that DCU, as an organization and business, works pretty well, and better than most in MLS. Why should that be the case? To try and help answer that question, The DCenters is hoping to interview a series of people in DCU's office to get a sense of what they do, and perhaps how they do it differently than others. We think we've just gotten the first of these interviews line up, so that's why I think I can announce this without jinxing the entire concept. In this series, we aren't talking to the more visible names in the office, but rather the people tasked with specific jobs of managing part of DCU's overall strategy.
The first part of this series should start Wednesday, but if you have questions or ideas for various people in the DCU office, or just a specific question about what the organization does as a business, feel free to drop it in the comments or in an e-mail. Hopefully, this series will be an interesting look at how things work off the field.

4 Comments:

At 09 December, 2005 16:40, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant! I have been thinking about the same thing for a while now and really am excited to hear that you are doing this.

It seems that every time I post a long well thought out argument on BigSoccer about what MLS needs to do for marketing and keeping fans I am just putting into words what DCU does day in and day out.

I am thinking of starting a BigSoccer thread (once all the WC Draw hubbub dies down) on other teams and how they do it. They can't be that bad, can they?

 
At 09 December, 2005 17:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea, D.

I would also consider checking in with the organizers of the supporters' groups. What do they do that other supporters groups could learn from?

 
At 09 December, 2005 21:53, Blogger D said...

Anon - I'm glad you are interested in this. I was a bit worried that it might be of interest only to me, and a bit inside baseball (er, soccer) for general reading.

I'm real interested in what other teams do...

Joe - Interesting you mention the Supporter's Groups. Next season, one of my ideas was to do a tour of the Supporter's Groups, starting with La Norte. You know, trying to attend at least one home game with each of them. Maybe I could incorporate interviews on how they've worked in with that series. If I do that series. If not, it is still a cool idea.

 
At 13 December, 2005 11:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the idea of touring the supporters groups. I belong to both SE's and BB and they are night and day in organization. What suprises me is that over the years I have bought more items; dvds, mugs, scarfs, shirts from the less organized BB who seem to take the attitude "just do it". Not only are their items more creative I like their no prisoner attitude a bit more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)