27 February 2006

Narrowcasting

Got an e-mail asking if I would post a link to the Screaming Eagles podcast. Would I? Damn straight I will. I'll put a permanent link in the blogroll soon, but here's the lovely Screaming Eagles podcast homepage for your audio pleasure. Somebody should do one of those for all MLS. I will, of course, whore myself out to it.

Also, you may note that I did some reorganizing of the blogroll this weekend. Of note, the new regional soccer blog area. I'm still debating about what to do with USL related things like with the Timbers and their army. New section? U.S. section? I dunno. Plus, the new MLSFanGirl site, who seems to be a DCU ex-pat out in the country somewhere. As Dan Rather might say: "Courage!".

Also, I see that Bruce's Belly called the DCenters "admirably diplomatic." I'm guessing it's because the spellchecker flags "blatant wuss-out." Actually, the Belly's comments on Cunningham mostly echo my feelings on the matter, as do Matt's comments last week. I guess what I was trying to say is that Cunningham was adding nothing factual to the discussion, which is why I didn't acknowledge much about it. Everyone needs to shut up about it until we hear something one way or the other. That includes me.

7 Comments:

At 27 February, 2006 21:20, Blogger MLS Fangirl said...

LOL, thanks for the link. Now I have to act like I know what the heck I'm talking about! I'm all passion and no smarts yet. :)

But really, thanks, I learn a lot from your blog and it keeps me updated on my favorite team.

 
At 27 February, 2006 22:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, D.

 
At 27 February, 2006 23:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll be honest, the only reason i read the DCenters is so I can find out what kit # Moose is going to wear so I can get on with my FIFA 2006 career. as soon as that info gets posted, I'm outtie.

just kidding, but seriously, anyone know rookie kit #s yet? anyone?

 
At 28 February, 2006 01:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"blatant wuss-out"

That's good. I'll have to write that down.

 
At 28 February, 2006 10:57, Blogger Kali said...

I'm totally with you on the shutting up about The Incident thing.

Anyway, I can get considerably more mileage out of my Old People Suck campaign. ;o)

 
At 28 February, 2006 12:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe this has already been covered, and sorry about not shutting up about it, but if The Incident really happened, don't you think one of the black DC United players on the bench would have squawked -- anonymously or no -- a little about it? That they haven't, in a soccer world that's working hard to address racism, tells me a lot.

Okay, I'll shut up now.

 
At 28 February, 2006 16:01, Blogger D said...

MLS Fangirl: Remember, profanity and arrogance act well to cover ignorance. It works for me.

Dave L: Not a problem. Looking forward to continued episodes.

Dave G: I think squad numbers are due about a week after the team determines the final rosters.

Belly: I did wuss out a bit.

Kali: Say no more, say no more...

Matt W: It's an interesting point, and while I would be inclined to agree with it, there's also just the entire power relationship that comes into play. I'd think you were right, but I'm not certain of it. However, Jamil Walker certainly had a chance to say something that could have taken Nowak down, and he didn't. But, as I promised the world, I'm not saying anything about this now. So let's pretend that was someone else. My twin brother. A Duke. From far-off Tuscany, where we lay our scene... Damn, Measure for Measure wasn't half-bad at the Folger.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)