03 April 2006

Meet the DCU Boss...

Kevin Payne is interviewed at Washington Business Journal. A nice article, with little new information, but if you want some background and some insight into how he views the ownership situation (a "management buyout") then read away.

Payne also introduced Mayor Williams at the game yesterday, who promised a new stadium to DC. This was greeted in my section with a response of "sure... any year now." My question would be... why is Mayor Williams making this promise when he isn't running for re-election? Is he really going to try and do something on this?

4 Comments:

At 03 April, 2006 11:56, Blogger D said...

You're right, he has been talking about this for-bloody-ever. He did it in 2004. He did it in 2005. I just don't get why he feels to do it now given that he's not running again. Why bother?

 
At 03 April, 2006 12:43, Blogger I-66 said...

Of course he's going to do something: Shrug his shoulders and twiddle his thumbs now that his beloved baseball deal is in place. He never gave a rat's ass about soccer in my opinion, but only dangled the idea of a stadium for DCU to get soccer fan support for the Nationals' stadium.

If I were within 40 yards of Anthony Williams with a soccer ball at my feet I'd try to serve one onto his face.

 
At 03 April, 2006 15:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand your question, D... If he isn't running for re-election, he can promise whatever he wants. What does it matter?

 
At 03 April, 2006 15:19, Blogger D said...

Didn't think about it like that Joe. A valid point. I would ask why he would feel the need to make empty promises. But maybe he just really likes getting that cheap pop (a la Mick Foley)

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)