10 September 2006

First Impression - DCU 1 : 1 RSL

So I'm hanging out with Bobby Boswell at the tailgate...

Nah, we'll address that in its own post...

So for the game. Really, I'm okay with this. That was, shockingly, a much better performance than I expected, and it was unlucky not to be rewared with three points. This was one of the most purposeful performances by DC all-season. They controlled the tempo for 75 minutes of this game. Their passing made sense, their attacking moves were strong, they created chances. This was a good game. This is a game to build the type of form I want to see going into the end of the season.

Full debrief later, as we've got a MOTM situation to sort out. But really, I was happy with this performance. There was more good than bad.

3 Comments:

At 10 September, 2006 11:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That De Roux kid was on fire, wasn't he? We came out in the first minutes like we were going to win. Of course, Troy never would have given up that goal!

 
At 10 September, 2006 12:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Joanna.. Troy may not have given up that goal, but who's to say he would have made those two great reaction saves that Rimando made? You can never say that any one play is the difference between a win and a loss..

 
At 10 September, 2006 14:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, Michael, and I fully recognize that my intense preference for Troy Perkins is only partly based in reality. Rimando's okay. It's just that when you open a can of whoop-ass, Troy Perkins jumps out.

You'll notice however that I didn't say we would have won if Troy had been in goal. I just said he wouldn't have given up that goal. :-) I am nothing if not adept at covering my ass.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)