27 October 2006

Ballers

About a year ago, I had this idea that there should be a charity 5 on 5 basketball game between the Washington Nationals and DC United at RFK. Sort of a challenge to win the stadium, if you will. Thanks to the Sports Bog, it is now clear why this never happened -- United would own the court. I mean, they're pretty much one George Clinton look alike from the And-1 Mix Tape Tour.

Then Freddy Adu appeared. Boz showed Freddy the old ball, explaining it dated "from when you were born, 22 years ago."

"Oooh hoo hoo, look at the rock," Freddy said, dribbling between his legs. "I like this [new] one better. This is a better grip." He felt the same way after the water test; "see, my hands are like glue, dog," he said. "I don't know about you, my hands are like glue. I'm a baller, what can I say?"

("Ask him what happened when we played one-on-one," Esky later said. "The first play, I elbowed him in the head and he didn't want to play any more. I won, 1-0.")

In case you're wondering, yes, Troy Perkins = The Professor (and Eskandarian = 1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing).

1 Comments:

At 27 October, 2006 18:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Ask him what happened when we played one-on-one," Esky later said. "The first play, I elbowed him in the head and he didn't want to play any more. I won, 1-0."

Great. Now a bunch of NE fans are going to come calling for Esky to be suspended.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)