19 April 2007

...Because "Revolution Mutiny: a Clash" wasn't nearly as hopeful

TNS! TNS! Thursday Night Soccer, and I'm looking forward to it. Strange, most neutral games, even the ABC/ESPN ones, weren't something I cared a great deal about (usually because I had to leave at half-time to get out to the DCU tailgate.) That's something nice about Thursday Night Soccer I hadn't anticipated, the fact that it allows me to take in MLS games as a neutral devoid of any other soccer context. Makes it easier to enjoy. On a side note, headline writers in New England are clever for fitting three team names into a four word sentence, but are they accurate, or even sensible?

CHARM CITY, STRANGE CITY: Baltimore, as rumored in Goff's Blog, gets wing of a chance to see united play. Honestly, if it happens then I'm not too upset (better there than Seattle again). I can make it up I-95 to a game, even from NoVa. And the Ravens seem interested:

"We'd be very interested in hosting a game or games," Mannion said. "The key issue centers on the field surface, but I think the size of the stadium is perfect. We can house 30,000 in the lower bowl and 8,000 on the club level, which creates the intimate environment soccer fans are used to."
The thing about Charm City is that it adds a weak isospin of +1/2 to the ball. My only hope to avoid a complete nerd label is that no one figures out what I meant by that.

TRIBUTE: I missed this story yesterday, but wanted to highlight it now. I never heard of Scott Alexander when I grew up in MoCo, but this article makes it clear just how loved he was. He was a Steelers fan, and a soccer man, two things that I respect. And good on DCU for doing something for this event.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 19 April, 2007 10:29, Blogger I-66 said...

One of the reasons I didn't pony up this season (or last season) for Direct Kick is because I'd miss half of the games while at RFK, and the other half of the time I'm watching United either at home or at Kilroy's or something.

You're right about the Thursday matches. Granted, I have my own personal MLS rooting scale so I was rooting for FC Dallas last week over FC Spice Boy and will hope someone from Columbus knees Sagat Reis in the head during tonight's match. Go Crewzers.

 
At 19 April, 2007 11:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The thing about Charm City is that it adds a weak isospin of +1/2 to the ball. My only hope to avoid a complete nerd label is that no one figures out what I meant by that. "

Hey Quark Boy, you are officially labeled as a complete nerd. A funny but complete nerd.

Marc

 
At 19 April, 2007 11:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The thing about Charm City is that it adds a weak isospin of +1/2 to the ball. My only hope to avoid a complete nerd label is that no one figures out what I meant by that. "

Yeah, I used to be a physics major, so your cover has been blown. Do they need to change the name to Up-Type City?

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)