05 June 2007

Misc. Appropriations

I'm working on the Freezer right now, but a few things of note.

COACH:

First, yes, we read the Mike Wise article on Tom Soehn. It's interesting, and pleasant, but I'm not sure how important it is in the long run. Wise had pretty much declared himself in the "Anybody but Nowak" camp midway through 2006. Still, a nice read.

COUNTRY: Let me throw a theory out there that I bounced off Kinney last Saturday. Under Bob Bradley, the United States seems more creative but less organized than under Bruce Arena. True? False? It was an idle thought, and one that I think can go either way, but I thought I would throw it out there.

OTHER COUNTRY: Oscar's apparently too modest to mention this himself, but it looks like he's writing a Bolivian Futbol blog in addition to his duties here. Of course, it helps if you speak the language. Hello Llama!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 05 June, 2007 12:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it was 'only' against China, but did it look like the MNT was missing Donovan?

 
At 05 June, 2007 13:06, Blogger D said...

Certainly not on set pieces, and not in the 4-3-3 they were playing (against a weaker team). Perhaps a bit up the middle in the run of play...

 
At 05 June, 2007 13:22, Blogger Oscar M. said...

oooh, thanks for the mention there. That site is one I've actually had in one form or another since 1998 or so. I'd been neglecting it since 2005, but since Copa America and World Cup qualifiers are just around the corner, I'm trying to recommit to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)