02 May 2006

The All American XXIII + (X)

The OZ Watch retires today with the announcement of the 23 man roster for Germany. The DCenters believes that Ben Olsen has earned the right to be selected, and while I'll be sad to lose him for a few games, it is right and fitting that he represent DC United, the seat of power for our nation, abroad. In DCU matters, Clyde Simms is expected to fill in as Brian Carroll's partner in the midfield. The concern for me is an injury to either Carroll or Simms, which would probably put pressure on either Jeff Carroll or Dominic Mediate to step in. Personally, about now is when I wish we hadn't lost Shawn Kuykendall.

DCist Watch: Over at DCist, no preview for the FC Dallas game, and no recap. Sad, really. Again, my offer remains. I will buy a scarf for whomever starts doing regular work for DCist in covering United.

Hmmmm... I seem to have brought this black robe with me that looks like it should be worn at a graduation ceremony. Perhaps I should change into it? Yeah... back in a few hours.

4 Comments:

At 02 May, 2006 10:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was pretty impressed with the younger Carroll (JC, as he's called, apparently) at the reserve game. He's bigger (looks nothing like Brian) and seemed to have more composure on the ball than Kuykendall.

 
At 02 May, 2006 10:32, Blogger D said...

Damn, wish I'd seen that. Also wish I wasn't in too much pain to have seen it. Well, I'm going to trust your judgement until I get to see him with my own eyes. That's a relief. But I always liked Shawn.

 
At 02 May, 2006 13:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I much preferred Kuykendall to 'JC.' JC gave away a number of errant passes on Sunday, whereas Kuykendall was very good at keeping posession and making the smart, simple play.

The team will definitely miss Kuykendall, should BC or Simms go down..

 
At 03 May, 2006 19:37, Blogger DCSportsChick said...

Oh, that reminds me. My friend's co-worker is the sports writer for DCist...I should have her put a bug in his ear about the DC United coverage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)