02 May 2006

Ben Olsen: Representing the USA, Representing DC United

Ben Olsen Annouced on ESPN

I don't think I've ever cheered for a graphics package before, but I cheered when I saw that one

Congratulations Ben. You deserve it.

Also, an interesting note is the way ESPN teased the announcement. That says to me that they felt they had a significant viewership tuning into SportsCenter just for Bruce. They didn't want those people to tune in, get what they wanted, and flip back for the evening news. No, instead they kept our eyeballs glued until those ratings points counted for the bottom half-hour of the program. That's respect. It almost balances out the reference to "The DC United."

5 Comments:

At 02 May, 2006 21:57, Blogger I-66 said...

Also notable, the mispronouncing of Eric Wynalda's name. I don't think I could spell it if I tried.

Granted, I don't care for Waldo much of the time, but the fact that he's an ESPN/ABC employee should lend itself to them getting the name right.

Should.

 
At 02 May, 2006 22:03, Blogger D said...

Should. At least they didn't pronounce his name "Harkes"

 
At 02 May, 2006 23:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm interviewing Olsen early Wednesday afternoon. If you have any questions you want to ask him, post them here:

http://podcast.screaming-eagles.com/2006/05/ben_olsen_interview_request_fo.html#comments

 
At 03 May, 2006 09:47, Blogger I-66 said...

I would've given a 10-spot to see Wynalda's face if he'd been called Harkes.

 
At 03 May, 2006 19:51, Blogger Bill-DC said...

I am psyched for Ben. He worked his a$$ off to get there and it paid off. Good luck Ben!

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)