31 May 2006

DC United 5 : 1 Columbus Crew; Or, Establishing soccer hegemony requires a lot of people

We'll do the formal debrief tomorrow, but let's say a few quick words in the wake of the United drubbing of Columbus. First, five goals without a single multiple goal scorer. Getting the finishes? Moreno, Eskandarian, Gros, Filomeno, and Ezra Hendrickson (the Boswell Own Goal Method). Getting the assists? Boswell and Gomez. That's six different people for each scoring category. Nice. Glad that Jamie was subbed off around minute 75, not because he was tired, but because he deserved that nice ovation for his performance that night, and for 100 goals and ten years of service, even if it wasn't all for United.

About half an hour before the game, Crew Fan of MLS News and Views and I agreed to renew our bet for this game. As a result, he owes the "Why I love DC United" post. Nice. This raises the DCenters betting record to 2-1-1. We will of course link to the aforementioned post once it is written. And our thanks to Crew Fan for being a good sport about it.

6 Comments:

At 31 May, 2006 22:20, Blogger Doug said...

How about the Carroll for Carroll sub in the 79th minute?

How did Jeff play?

 
At 31 May, 2006 22:37, Blogger Kinney said...

Jeff played well. A little bit more tenative than his brother. Nothing flashy, some miscommunication with simms, and stays on his toes much like his older brother. Actually looked like his brother in early 2005. A nice outing all in all.

 
At 31 May, 2006 22:49, Blogger D said...

What Kinney said. Jeff looked green, but not in a "Why did we draft him?" sort of way. Clearly a year's worth of training under Nowak and with Olsen, Simms, and big brother are going to help him. Showed that he looks like he could play. Possibly. Which really is all I can ask for right now.

 
At 01 June, 2006 00:08, Blogger Kinney said...

Crow is served. Looks a bit under cooked to me, but a hard dish for Columbus fan to master.

 
At 01 June, 2006 10:08, Blogger Crew Fan said...

Looks a bit under cooked to me

One of the conditions that D and I agreed on was that we avoid the use of extended sarcasm, and I did my best to stick to that. What else was I supposed to say? ;)

 
At 02 June, 2006 01:08, Blogger Kinney said...

Well I could have said a lot of stuff. But like I said, it must be hard for a fan of another team. I know I couldn't think of anything for the Crew except they have a great stadium to play Mexico.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)