26 August 2006

First Impressions - DCU 2 : 5 LA Galaxy

Oh my.

Let's be clear. Sometimes you lose games. Sometimes you get beat. DC got beaten harder than an insurance salesman with Holyfield. Crushed. Slammed. Destroyed. Pick a word, it applies.

So why? Honestly it looks like the season has caught up with DC. They were slow off and on the ball tonight, and LA was not. They made mental errors. At the same time, LA was very good in the execution of its game plan. Once again, DC had problems dealing with tight marking. Balls were played into space on the wrong side of defenders. Guys were not playing to their strengths.

I saw a lot of season accumulated fatigue out there. I don't know if that's something DC can work through, but now they have to. The season is ending, and DC needs to find its second wind in the next few games.

6 Comments:

At 26 August, 2006 23:01, Blogger Brian said...

Yeah, that was pretty bad.

 
At 26 August, 2006 23:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Brian said. Also, Landon can kiss my ass.

 
At 26 August, 2006 23:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tonight was supposed to me my cathartic experience to help me get over the failure of the World Cup. Watching Landy Cakes getting thrashed was going to help me move on. Instead DCU ruined it and I think I'm going to have to see a shrink now.

 
At 27 August, 2006 01:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LA and LD seem to have our number at RFK. Something about it brings the best out of both. To win a championship, it's gonna come down to three guys: Freddy, Moreno, and Gomez. Those three play well, United will be lifting the trophy in Dallas. If not, another playoff flameout should be expected. Tonight Freddy and Gomez didn't play much, so I'm not going to panic. But when it gets down to crunchtime, the playmakers are gonna have to dig deep and step it up...the same way that LD always does in the playoffs and in front of the big crowds at RFK...

 
At 27 August, 2006 08:14, Blogger Joel said...

why do I feel like I'm sitting on the deck of the Titanic right now?

 
At 27 August, 2006 09:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It felt like the Chicago playoff game last year. A minute and a half in, you knew LA was going to win.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)