11 August 2006

Operation: Deflower?

Umm according to the Planning Document some of these games start tomorrow. Are any bloggers planning to take people tomorrow? For anyone who doesn't know what I am talking about, check out D's posts here and here as well as the original We Call It Soccer's Free Beer Movement.

As for myself, I might be taking one newbie to the DC v. COL game but it is very hot at 4 pm and probably not the greatest game to blog about. However, I sent in my ticket exchange today for the DC v. LA game and will be taking anywhere from 6 (confirmed) to 10 (possible) people of which only two have seen a DC United game. Obviously I would rather blog about this match, but will stick to the original dates if need be. Also, MLS rescheduled the Dallas vs. Chivas match so Dallas fans won't have a game to take their neophytes to see. Really, we need our fearless leader D back from vacation to instruct us.

However, if nobody has any objections, I would like to move the dates back to the week of August 25th to Spetember 3nd for the reasons I set forth below.
  1. The Dallas game was rescheduled so no Dallas fans can participate. By rescheduling the only team in the same fix is Houston. However, I think that if a Houston fan was going to take a newbie they would have done it on Wednesday for the double-header or will do it tomorrow for the Texas derby. These two can count for any Houston bloggers that want to participate.
  2. By rescheduling every team that plays save Colorado, plays on a Saturday. And Colorado plays the current Western Conference leaders, FC Dallas.
  3. There are two Minnesota Thunder games for Mig to choose from.
  4. It gives us more time to get the word out before we start so we can add to the list of bloggers and possibly find some friends to take.

So please speak up in the comments with any pros or cons for either plan. So we have nine bloggers particpating, but we really need to get that number up. Some of you bloggers are in a multiple person blog, call out your co-bloggers to join you in bring in beer and soccer to the people. Or just mention it to any other bloggers that may be intersted.

Paricipants So Far:

D, Oscar, and Kinney from DCenters

Mr. Fish from The Kin of Fish

Mig from Du Nord

Kali from Real Salt Lake Blog

John from Pseudo Corner Kick

Joe from We Call It Soccer

Plus William F. Yurasko is taking himself to the DC v. LA game, hopefully he will blog about it and we can add it to our Operation.

So get the word out, and anyone not already participating just volunteer in the comments.

7 Comments:

At 11 August, 2006 12:54, Blogger Oscar M. said...

I'm all in favor of moving it back, I have a wedding in LA the next DC home game...

 
At 11 August, 2006 13:38, Blogger I-66 said...

I would also rather the DC/LA match. We'll be having a big tailgate for that one and I'm trying to get some newbies out there for that.

 
At 11 August, 2006 13:56, Blogger Kinney said...

Sounds good so far. I-66, I am taking your "trying to get some newbies out there" as volunteering. You are now offically added to the list. Anybody else?

 
At 11 August, 2006 14:58, Blogger Brian said...

I was going to take a friend to the DC /Crapid match, but I am moving that weekend, so I gave him my ticket and told him to take a friend. He said he will try and write something up.

 
At 11 August, 2006 15:52, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hoping to take a friend and her daughter to the DC-Colorado game. It's really the only one we can do as her daughter isn't old enough to stay out as late as a night game would require. (I'm trying to get her hooked early, with some success so far! Her favorite player in the World Cup was Kaka...)

Why not just have the time period span 2 weekends? More people can participate that way.

 
At 12 August, 2006 14:30, Blogger DCSportsChick said...

Hey! What about me?
Can't do the 26th- was already planning on the 19th- so I like Joanna's suggestion.

 
At 13 August, 2006 19:29, Blogger Kali said...

Hahaha... beat you to it. We staged the first SLC FBM back in May.

I couldn't wait. :o)

It's kind of taken on a life of its own out here now -- it's evolved into an actual tailgate with an array of assorted beverages, including limeade and vodka cocktails.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)