22 May 2007

Casualties...

...OF THE COLUMBUS CREW: The poor season the Crew are having has claimed its first non-player casualty. Sadly, it is Jeff Bull, an excellent writer and mind who is now leaving The Offside: Columbus Crew. He just couldn't take it anymore. Jeff is one of the better soccer analyst minds out there in our amateur ranks, so It's a Simple Game will certainly be bolstered by his more continual presence. And let's face it, we've all seen games that if it wasn't our team playing in them, they would bore us to tears. It's just that it almost seems like every game Columbus plays is like that.

...OF MEDIA INDIFFERENCE: QuarterVolley with your local Women's Soccer Update. Seriously, this is great to see, and I'm glad someone is putting this out there. I certainly intend to get to a few games of the Majestics and Freedom this year, and I hope you will as well. And I hope that I-66 gets some coverage of the games I don't see.

...OF THE NEW YORK MINUTE (WEEK, MONTH, QUARTER...): QuarterVolley's take is also excellent on this matter.

Off the record, he added, "we're 11 years behind schedule on playing good soccer, so you know we're not in any hurry."
That's funny.

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 22 May, 2007 12:06, Blogger EdTheRed said...

Note to QuarterVolley: if a comment is "off the record," that means you're not supposed to print it. (Though it IS an amusing quote!)

 
At 22 May, 2007 12:07, Blogger EdTheRed said...

Of course, that's assuming it was a real quote, and my sarcasm meter failed me...it's happened before. ;-)

 
At 22 May, 2007 12:08, Blogger D said...

Ed, I'm pretty sure it's a fake comment. Of course, the typography in the original posting makes it clearer than my quotation of it.

 
At 22 May, 2007 12:21, Blogger EdTheRed said...

Yep, they fooled me...dang...well done, QuarterVolley! (Off the record, I feel like an ass...)

 
At 22 May, 2007 13:44, Blogger I-66 said...

Thank you thank you. Yeah, I was being pretty facetious with that whole thing. Kinda like the Red Bulls organization.

 
At 22 May, 2007 13:52, Blogger EdTheRed said...

I blame d for the funky typography...yeah, that's it! ;-)

 
At 22 May, 2007 18:16, Blogger The Manly Ferry said...

You're too kind. Way too kind. Truth is, I'm a wimp, a classic non-hacker.

And while I do feel guilt for ducking out, I don't feel much...or not nearly enough to keep watching the friggin' Crew.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)