21 September 2007

Access United Update

I was clicking through MLSnet while watching Houston v. LA last Sunday. I came across this page that has all of the Access United posts along with the other team's insider shows. I realized that I hadn't watched an Access United video in a long, long time. They come out randomly with no set schedule and I don't normally check the DC United web page for them, which means that I usually miss them. If I am missing them I am pretty confident that means that a lot of DC United fans are missing them, and that is a shame.

I really like the Access United videos that I have seen and think that they do a good job of showing a small portion of the raw feed that reporters with press releases get week in and week out. As I was on YouTube watching something I will hopefully get to blog about later, I saw that Kyle Sheldon has started to put the Access United videos up on the tubes. This basically means that DC United is trying to get these distributed as widely as possible.

So here is my question for you readers, would you like it if The DCenters started a regular feature where we embed the Access United videos as we find them so that you don't have to continually look for them on the website? Or do you guys have some other means of easily viewing them and knowing when they are released that I should know about?

I have included the last two Access United videos as an example of what the embed would look like and how good the video would be through YouTube.

D.C. United vs Chicago on September 23, 2007 Preview


D.C. United vs CD Guadalajara on September 26, 2007 Preview

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At 21 September, 2007 10:53, Blogger The Bird said...

Emphatic yes. I sometimes watch them on the DCU website, but only when the teaser caption catches my eye. They often have interesting content though, including items that might be worth discussion. Knowing they'll show up on DCenters, where we can comment, would be great!

 
At 21 September, 2007 11:38, Blogger James said...

Honestly, I did not know Access United even existed until I saw this post.

So I second the bird's "Emphatic yes."

(btw- I'm one of the very many anons who suddenly decided to register a blogger account)

 
At 21 September, 2007 11:44, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, that would be very helpful.

 
At 21 September, 2007 12:43, Blogger Kinney said...

Thanks for the input. I was all set two write that we will start to regularly post Access United when I ran into a slight problem.

At the same time this post popped up in my Google reader, a post from BobbyBoswell.com popped up. Guess what? Kyle (aka The Management) seems to be doing exactly what I was talking about doing. It looks like he started in the beginning of September, but I could be wrong as I just had a quick look. Which explains why he started putting up the Access United video on YouTube to begin with.

So now that we know that we can head over to www.bobbyboswell.com and get the Access United videos should The DCenters continue (start?) to post these. Frankly, I think we should, we have a slightly different readership and it is obviously in United's best interest to show these a broadly as possible. Not to mention the fact that it is really good content and like "the bird" said, there are often interesting tidbits that would be fun to comment about here.

Anyways, please continue to tell us what you think, we enjoy hearing from you.

 
At 21 September, 2007 13:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kinney -

Just wanted to let you know that we're in the process of making a few adjustments to dcunited.com that will make the videos more easily accessible.

I began putting the videos on the youtubes so that blogs just like this one can post them. Certainly, every blog out there has a different readership, so feel free to post! (In fact, I want you to!)

You may have noticed the frequency of Access United is quite a bit higher. We hired a video production person full-time and we're expecting to have at least 2-3 new video pieces per week.. so, keep checking dcunited.com (and the youtubes).

-Kyle

 
At 21 September, 2007 13:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about a direct link to Access United on the sidebar? Then embed the video when you have some comment on it to kick off discussion. -K

 
At 21 September, 2007 14:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, no way. I don't like insider information and highlights and thus do not want an easy way to access it. I also want all your christmas ornaments. Shiny things disturb me.

 
At 21 September, 2007 21:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In addition to head.com posting every Access United video, Access United also has a YouTube page "dcuvideo".

I certainly wouldn't mind if DCenters also reposted, but I think that it is well covered already.

 
At 24 September, 2007 16:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All -

Just wanted to let you know that we've updated our front page at dcunited.com to include an easy-to-access section for Access United. You'll find it just below the main photo next to Team Notes. The most updated pieces will always be included there.

Hopefully this helps the process of finding our most updated content.

-Kyle Sheldon

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)