27 December 2005

Houston Website Development (Also, I lied, this is the last post of the year)

I caught DuNord's citation of the Houston Republic FC idea, later to be revealed as a hoax. Now, while that appears to be conceptual art, I was intrigued enough to poke around and see what I could see. And on a whim I did a WhoIs search for houstonrepublicfc.com... Nothing. What about republicfc? Nope. But, as an interesting note, I did find out that fchouston.com (Note: Currently has a placeholder page) has been registered on 19 December 2005 for three years by a Phil Green. Could that be the same Phil Green who is the general manager of MLSNet.Com? I wonder... And I wonder how Houston fans will feel if their team name is nearly identitical to FC Dallas?

What about other team names? Well, houstongatos.com is also under construction, and registered to a private name, but only for one year, but was registered on 22 December. Houstonstars.com is registered in Mexico City. Houstonapollos.com is a minor league baseball team. Houston1836.com? Registered on 22 December...

My guess is that FC Houston, if it does belong to MLS Net (and I think the evidence says it probably does) will eventually redirect to the final name... It should be noted that not all the names are available, and I can't imagine MLS choosing a name that might involve a website fight. Which means the Apollos are out. Ditto the Stars. But the fact is that an FC Houston derivative is very, very possible.

5 Comments:

At 28 December, 2005 13:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad FC Houston Republic was a hoax... I thought it was a pretty good name and I liked the art. I agree that FCHouston would be pretty unoriginal.
How about Houston 1836? (Kind of like Schalke '04)
Borussia Houston?
-K

 
At 28 December, 2005 16:15, Blogger D said...

I also am disappointed by the Republic thing not panning out, but it was also a bit suspicous, which is why I was digging around for some answers before commenting on it. Houston 1836 is my favorite of the posted options, and it seems a serious contender since I think MLS has registered the domain name. I am pleased that Apollos is probably a non-starter, despite appearing in the poll. I can't imagine they want to get into a copyright hassle.

 
At 28 December, 2005 19:33, Blogger maradawga said...

I think you'll find Houston 1836 ends up being the name. I think you didn't quite search the most specific name.

 
At 29 December, 2005 05:14, Blogger scaryice said...

I too was messing around with the whois search. Maradawga, any chance you could be more specific?

 
At 25 February, 2008 01:39, Blogger Seo Link Master said...

A reader had to go through the interview for Web Designer / Graphic Designer position and sent in his set of questions.

1. Whats is the difference between cellspacing and cellpadding?
2. If a page has to be loaded over all frames in window, what should be the value of TARGET attributes?
3. Which one of the following settlement is correct?
1. A table cannot contain another table
2. A Form can ve nested inside another form
3. Which element are table cells
4. List out tags that are support exclusively by IE and Netscape.
5. What tags are used to embed one html page inside another html page (without using frames)?
6. In dreamweaver what is used to apply same layout to my pages.
7. Which HTML tag is used to define an internal style sheet?
8. How do you define an inline style?
(Website design India)

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)