The 2006 Campaign Committee: Meeting Agenda
Given that this is DC, and there is nothing fun and joyful that we as a city can't turn into a boring procedural event in accordance with Roberts' Rules of Order [New Revised by Robert Boswell], I have saved some time for your next DC United Committee meeting, and prepared your agenda.
- Introductions and Opening Remarks
- Old Business
- The Freddy Adu / Piotr Nowak Playing Time Discussion: Are they happy again? Or is everyone just pretending until the next flare up?
- The Back Line: Why not four? Which back do you hate the most? / Who do you think is getting too much, too little time in the 3-5-2?
- Chicago vs. New Jersey vs. New England: Who do we hate the most? Who should we hate more?
- New Business
- Wings and Prayers: Dema is gone, can Tino and Josh fill gap? Or should this topic matter veer once again into the merits of the 4-4(box)-2, 4-4(diamond)-2, and the 3-5-2 until everyone sounds like they're arguing about number theory in octal.
- New Members: Please welcome our draft picks, and let's think about camp. Also, which of our draft picks will be quietly released in two years' time?
- Threat Assessment, Eastern Conference: Are the Metros improved? What about Columbus. Is there anything to worry about KC? Can we catch New England? Oh, and Chicago. We hate them, right?
- Threat Assessment, Western Conference: Do the RSL/CUSA/Rapids moves matter? Will Houston take a hit in performance after the move? The Galaxy are the MLS Champs, how much more insufferable will their fans be?
There, now the chair will entertain a motion to adopt the agenda...