07 April 2006

Carnies!

DCENTERS ISSUES CALL FOR CARNIVAL OF AMERICAN SOCCER, TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY.


In the wake of this place's birthday, some correspondence with some other SocBloggers our there, and the addition of Throughball.com and Upper 90 to the blogroll, I figure this is now the right time for this idea. I am now at the point where I am sure there are more good blogs on American Soccer than I have time to read. Which means I'm missing good stuff, and I don't like that.

Accordingly, I'm issuing a call for the first ever Carnival of American Soccer. For those unfamiliar with the concept, a Blog Carnival is a regularly scheduled event in which one blog post highlights articles on particular topics. The responsibility for organizing a given carnival rotates throughout the blogosphere. There's even a web site dedicated just to tracking blog carnivals.

Accordingly, The DCenters, on April 22, will publish the first Carnival of American Soccer. I'd like to see a Carnival on the 11th and 22nd of each month (11 being a good number for Soccer). Here are the ground rules:

  1. Anyone who has a blog post dealing with American Soccer (MLS, USMNT, USL, Rec-league, whatever, so long as it related to the USA and soccer...) that they would really like people to read is invited to submit a link to the carnival host(that'd be me for the first one). You do not have to be a soccer blogger to write such a post.
  2. The host will set a deadline on when to receive links by, usually a day or two before the carnival. I'd like links by April 20, 2006.
  3. If you are interested in hosting the carnival, please contact The DCenters and I'll try and schedule a time for you to be the Master of Ceremonies. I would prefer sports blogs and soccer blogs ask to be hosts, but this is also open to any blogger.

Hopefully, this will help disperse traffic to many of you and draw attention to new blogs in what is becoming a more crowded area. If you have a soccer blog, and you think this is an interesting idea, I ask you to help spread the word, and to hype each carnival as it makes the rounds through the SocBlog world.

Hope to see you on the 22nd.

8 Comments:

At 07 April, 2006 23:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a theme to the carnival (aside from the US Soccer thing)? Or should we just selected one of our favorite posts?

 
At 08 April, 2006 10:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic idea! Count me in.

 
At 08 April, 2006 14:01, Blogger D said...

No theme to this one. Just a post that you think people would be interested in reading. Maybe, if this gets established, we'll start doing themed carnivals.

 
At 09 April, 2006 01:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll do one. But I'd like mine to have a theme.

I'm thinking ... PURPLE!

 
At 09 April, 2006 18:40, Blogger DCSportsChick said...

After going to DC United's home opener last week, my soccer interest has been piqued a lot more lately. Looking forward to seeing the results of the carnival!

 
At 09 April, 2006 23:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not related to the carnival, but D: I just saw True Stories listed in your profile, and I wanted to acknowledge the awesomeness of that.

 
At 10 April, 2006 08:47, Blogger D said...

Belly: Excellent, I'll add you to the list of potential hosts.

Sports Chick: Hey, if you post something soccer related and want it included, just drop in a URL!

Jason: I'm glad that there are more fans of that quirky film out there. Something wonderful about David Byrne walking around a town in Texas.

 
At 10 April, 2006 10:42, Blogger Zathras said...

Count me in; possibly for a hosting at some later date as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)