11 April 2006

Nats and Nats

It's opening day for the Washington Nationals, yet another reminder that strange bounces in the six yard box will be with us all season. Those wanting to chat around for the Mets/Nats game, I commend to you Teh Yudites.

Ben Olsen is in Cary getting ready for the Jamaica friendly. I honestly think that his level of play has been rather good, and while there's a lot of people in front of him on the depth chart, I can see the Bruce wanting to take a dependable, versatile player. Yes, part of me hopes that Bruce leaves him with us, but I couldn't begrudge Ben a trip to Germany.

The First Carnival of American Soccer is attracting some interest. I have received, by email or comment, about six people that are interested in getting linked up by the carnival, and two potential future hosts. I'll be in touch with everyone, but just a reminder that I'd like your link by April 20. The Carnival will run on the 22nd, and I'll also be announcing the location, hopefully, of the Second Carnival of American Soccer.

And yes, I realize that this is probably more the area of expertise at Climbing the Ladder, but part of the reason I wanted to bring it out was that I think it says something interesting. Forms of Pythag have been adapted, with relative degrees of success, to the NBA and NFL. The fact that it doesn't work in MLS is fascinating. And relates to something else I've been thinking about, but that's another post.

Finally, thanks Dwayne (second item).

3 Comments:

At 11 April, 2006 13:39, Blogger Tim Froh said...

Opening day for the Nationals...oh, the poor RFK pitch.

Wanted to let you know that "In Limbo" is back.

 
At 11 April, 2006 14:44, Blogger D said...

TIM!!!!

Glad to see you back man. I'll restore you to your rightful place.

 
At 11 April, 2006 17:08, Blogger D said...

Sweet! And you're right, it's just the posts that have to be soccer specific, not the blog as a whole.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)