01 June 2006

Stand in Solidarity, Shave in Solidarity

Since Ben Olsen made the sacrifice of facial hair for the World Cup gods, I decided to do the same. Last night I shaved the goatee, and I promise to stay clean shaven through the entire group phase.

A few links of note:

The All-American XI is up for Week IX (reflecting the Kansas City game) and three DC players made the team. Three of eleven is pretty good, but Chivas (yes, Chivas) sent four. Having seen the Chivas game, I find it hard to argue with that choice.

Maradawga notes that the Free Beer movement has moved into MLS marketing departments. Forward!

Many others have linked to this post at Bruce's Belly. I do so belatedly, but if you haven't read it yet, please do so. It is very, very interesting.

Hmmm... my chin feels oddly cool...

3 Comments:

At 01 June, 2006 18:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing what a clean shave can do to one's appearance!

http://usmagazine.com/2006/591/kfed/kfed.php

 
At 01 June, 2006 22:56, Blogger D said...

That is more than a little disturbing... especially that you'd think to mention it in relation to me :)

 
At 02 June, 2006 09:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

its disturbing on many levels, unlinke you I might add.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)