28 March 2007

Fantasy Football Part 2 - MLS Leagues

In part one of this two part series I blogged about the great game that is Hattrick. In part two I am going to blog about the different MLS fantasy leagues. Fantasy teams are a great way to learn about the league. I urge everybody who reads this blog to at least sign up and pick a team (it's completely free).

MFLS

The best MLS fantasy league hands down is MFLS or Major Fantasy League Soccer. It is much more in depth than the official MLS fantasy site. There are plenty of DC United fan divisions for you to choose from, and if you are new to the game just choose one of those. However, if you are a serious fantasy leaguer and want more facets to the game then The Black and The Red FA is for you. Basically created by BigSoccer poster Lowecifer, it sets up weekly games against other DC fans in addition to the rankings that MFLS provides in each division. I have never been in The Black and The Red FA until this year so I don't know too much about it, but it sounds great. There are five spots left in The Black and The Red FA, but anybody can sign up for other divisions.

Official MLS Fantasy

The official MLS Fantasy site is done through SportsNews last year and isn't as good as MFLS. It is still fun to put a team in and play, but even I stopped paying attention to it half way through last season. Not to mention that they still don't have it set up for 2007. This is also free, so it is fun to just put in a team and see what happens if they get the league going in time.

DCenters Draft League?

I was trying to get a small DCenters draft league going, about 8 people. But I don't know how much interest there would be. By draft league, I mean where you sit around with a bunch of people at a bar and draft players, then make fun of each other's picks. Its a great time. To my knowledge there is no MLS fantasy league with a draft. So we would be the first, and hopefully the guinea pigs for similar leagues around the country. This would be a really cool project to blog about what works and what doesn't. I am not sure if I have the time to work this all out, but it could be a great experience if we could get it to work. Like I said though I am pretty busy, so if there isn't a lot of enthusiasm in the comments then I will just put it off till next year.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 28 March, 2007 11:21, Blogger D said...

BTW: I now blame you for getting me into hattrick. You can only redeem yourself by scheduling a friendly.

 
At 28 March, 2007 11:33, Blogger Kinney said...

D: aren't you in the US Open Cup? what is your team name?

 
At 28 March, 2007 11:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found a new game this year that y'all might be interested in:

http://soccerfantasypro.com/

 
At 29 March, 2007 16:16, Blogger Aaron Stollar said...

I'd be very interested

 
At 30 March, 2007 13:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm "Silver Spring United" in hattrick if anyone wants a friendly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)