21 November 2006

DC Waives Strikers

Metcalf, Nickell & Ssejjemba were all waived by DC United today. Frankly, I expected that Metcalf and Ssejjemba would be gone. Nickell suprises me, but it isn't very suprising even at that even though he did show some decent stand up skills in his time off the bench.

Why now you ask?

Well apparently there was a waiver draft today as well. I can find no information on it at all. But I am sure that all the teams to a waiver on the waiver draft. They can pick these players up at anytime, so the draft is only for really quirky situations.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 22 November, 2006 11:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the stats, at least, Nickell seems to have done rather well in the reserve games. I only saw two though, so I can't speak to it. I was a little surprised they didn't give Ssejjemba more of a shot, but perhaps he didn't fit in in training or something.

 
At 12 December, 2006 15:44, Blogger D said...

Two bits of Blog Spam removed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)