08 March 2007

Ben Olsen: The Face of D.C. United

Just a quick note: Tomorrow we'll run our interview with Jay Nolly. Find out about his excellent adventure in Europe, what it is like going from Salt Lake to DC, and more!

Okay, now as to the purpose of this post. It seems to me that Ben Olsen is being marketed as the new face of D.C. United. He'll be doing the "Director's Commentary" on the Comcast replays of DC matches this year. The big placard in front of RFK has replaced Freddy Adu with Ben Olsen. Personally, I think this is an excellent choice. Ben is articulate, charismatic, and fun to listen to. I have two minor quibbles, only one of which I will share. Does anyone else look at the picture that's at RFK and think that, with the beard and the frizzy hair, he looks a bit like a human Q-Tip?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 08 March, 2007 14:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To me, he looks like an Afghani freedom fighter. I like to call him "Tali-ben"

 
At 08 March, 2007 15:38, Blogger Kinney said...

D, how about you put the picture in the post? I think it is up on BigSoccer somewhere.

 
At 09 March, 2007 17:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always thought a miniature Grizzly Adams.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)