14 June 2007

Dave Lifton Now!!!

So I listen to soccer podcasts. I do. There are links to several on the right. Some have a more international focus, and tolerate MLS as something they need to talk about since they're based in the US (World Soccer Daily, which entertains quite well for a 2 hour show). Some are very US focused, like The Soccer Show and Soccer Talk, and some try a balancing act. The 2 Gs' spinoff show "Around the League in 60 minutes" is expanding to a weekly session of 90 minutes, and that's a good thing simply because it wasn't working in the hour format. Dave Lifton would represent our beloved United on that show, and week after week the dialog never changed:


GARY: I'm Gary Richards, he's Pete, we're talking to Dave Lifton of the Screaming Eagles Podcast about his DC United. Dave, how'd you feel about the game?

DAVE gives a quick update.

GARY: Right, well, with these results, what's the mood at training?

DAVE tells them the mood is good.

GARY: Well, we'll let you go to work on your podcast. Good luck on your next game. I know training is important when I was a player.

PETE: I like Chivas!

GARY: Now to Daniel in New York for the Red Bulls. Daniel, what's the word?

DANIEL: I'm changing my name to Juan Pablo Angel and will not answer to the name Daniel anymore...

So hopefully, with more time to spend on talking to people, we'll get a bit more perspective on matches past and tactics in games to come. Please. It was just that there wasn't enough time previously to cover things. LET DAVE SPEAK!!! FREE DAVE LIFTON!!!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 14 June, 2007 14:22, Blogger The Gaffer said...

Check out the new podcast called Major League Soccer Talk at http://www.majorleaguesoccertalk.com or via iTunes.

Episode 3 features an interview with Phil Schoen from GolTV. Episode 2 features an interview with Andrew Shue from the movie Gracie (and formerly of LA Galaxy).

Cheers,
The Gaffer

 
At 14 June, 2007 14:26, Blogger D said...

Gaffer: I'll add it to the iTunes queue the moment I get home. And I'll add the link the next time I update the template. Thanks.

 
At 14 June, 2007 14:33, Blogger I-66 said...

We all need more free Dave Lifton in our lives.



...what do you mean that's not what you meant?

 
At 14 June, 2007 14:41, Blogger D said...

Well, it isn't what I meant, but I certainly can't disagree with it. I wonder if a certain other persion, say, a former SE President, would agree?

 
At 14 June, 2007 16:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may have noticed that I've gotten the zingers in early lately to make sure that they get heard.

I-66, I'm not free but I am cheap. The former SE Prez will definitely agree to that.

And there's nothing like opening up my RSS aggregator and seeing my name in large letters, so I appreciate that. I really do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to The DCenters Main Page (HOME)