Match Briefing for 12.14: At Houston Dynamo
Match #: 12.14
26pts, 20GF, 10GA, +10 GD
2nd place Western Conference
2nd place MLS
Six Word Novel Preview: Dynamo on roll and at home
TV: CSN, 8:30 PM
Radio: WMET 1160AM
Previous Meeting: Match 12.07 - DC United 2 : 1 Houston Dynamo (Debrief/ First Impressions)
The Stakes: Basically both teams are racing for the Supporters Shield at this point. The race is completely up in the air with about 6 different teams looking like they are in the mix. Houston will look to avenge their loss at RFK. DC will look demonstrate that they are the better team against a possible playoff opponent.
Previews from the DCUniverse: Poplar Point Perpective,Six Yards North,The Edgell Supporters
Previews from H-Town:
Previews Updated as we notice them
Expectations: Frankly, I expect a loss. The Dynamo are very good at home and have been on a tear lately. DC has not performed well on road games this season. If an invigorated United show up to play this could be a great match with a wide open game and anything happening. But, the team that played RSL and LA on the road could also show up for a Red Bullesque beating.
What to look for?
- Does United come to play? You will be able to tell this in the first 15 minutes and it is the biggest key to the game.
- A better organized defense. I am not sure if Boswell will be playing tonight, but I know Vanny has had more time with the team. Houston will destroy United if they let them have the chances they gave Kansas.
- How Addlery plays. He had a great game against Colorado and then a very poor game against Kansas City. Hopefully he gets his touch back and can contribute to the attack.
- Fred and Emilio. Can they continue their streaks against probably the best team in the league right now? Do they continue to integrate themselves into the golden hendecagon?
- Who gets the first goal? Both teams are undefeated when they score first.